Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Phase 1 of Putting Our Lives Back Together

Hello!
Today was pretty good. Tonight is our last night in the hotel. Tomorrow we will start staying at some different friends houses for a while.
We looked at some apartments today, but all of them were too expensive. But we have like 20 people looking to place for us to stay and my moms manager says he will help us out financially. We spent a lot of time at her work today talking to people. They are all really great, and I feel hopeful.
My mom also talked to his ex-alcoholic older brother, who I like quite a bit. He thinks we should get a restraining order and take the house, but the mortgage is in his name, so idk if that will work. Him and my dads youngest brother both plan on talking to him, but he wont listing to anyone while he is like this.

Our neighbor who is friends with my dad got him to go with him to Costco today, and while they were gone my mom and I raided our house of valuables and necessities. We rushed threw grabbing all our shit and it was super high tension and kinda scary, but we succeeded. It will probably piss him off, but we need stuff, and we have a lot of it now!
Mom was sober for most of today, and seemed to be really calm. We had a fantastic lunch and it was utterly relaxing sitting outside, getting some healthy food in me, watching the birds and listing to relaxing music.

As far as Utah, I really love it there, but I am also hesitant. I have a few friends going to the University of New Mexico with me, and none in college up there. I also get free tuition here, and it will be so much better financially in the long run for me and my godmother. Id miss my routines and friends here so much, and IDK... I'm really on the fence about this one. I'm leaning on staying here, but I'm not sure yet.
LOVE
~Anton

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling more positive about things. It does sound like there were good parts to today. It's good you got things you needed from the house.

    You have good reasons for staying there for college but you have to consider all the angles. And I guess it depends a lot on where you can wind up living there. I'm glad you have more than one option to consider.

    I am really sorry you are having to go through this. I am thinking about you and hoping for the best. I hope your mother can stay away from the drinking. I imagine your being with her is helping. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, kid, I know what you mean... The support of friends is important, and, free tuition is... well... free!!

    It sounds like you had a pretty stressful, but, productive day, Anton!! It also sounds like your mom and her family/ friends are being supportive, and that, is really good!! That, is a rare commodity sometimes, but, a real lifesaver!! Now that you have your clothes and other stuff, you can feel a little more normal, and, that's one less thing to worry about!!

    I'm glad you are eating well, and taking care of yourself, and hope that, along the way, folks are giving you plenty of hugs!! I've been thinking about you, and I know that everything will work out for the better, so, be patient and help your mom out, too, as much as possible!! luv, tman<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmn a sort of smash and grab raid for your knickers!

    But some hopeful things with loads of folk trying to help out, by the sound of things - I just hope your Mum can keep cool. Surely your trying to be with her in this mess will help her keep the booze under better control.

    At least it was a nice 'mission accomplished' lunch - oh and her employer seems like s/he might be a star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Anton

    I'm really glad to hear that your life is starting to come together again. It sounds as if you have some great friends and family around you too - it's just a shame that you had to get to the state you did in order to discover it.

    I've also been thinking about the Utah vs New Mexico thing. I can see that you have a strong emotional connection to Utah, but from what you've written, I think my vote would go to New Mexico. Free tuition has got to be a really major plus point (it'll save you how many thousand dollars?). Having some of your friends around may be a bigger benefit than you think, at least when you're starting university. There's usually a lot of new stuff to get used to very quickly, and having some people that you know as a mutual support group can help a lot. That's not to say, of course, that you won't want to make new friends as well, but I think it could make the transition into university a lot easier.

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete