Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hello, Atlanta... (part 1)

“Be the change you want to see in the world” –Gandhi

Hey everybody!
It has been one hell of a week. Atlanta was amazing, it will probably take me 3 days of posting to write all that I want to about it. The program I went on this trip with is the National Student Leadership Conference (NSLC). They provide learning experiences in many different fields for high school students. Last June I went on a Politics and Policy conference in Washington DC and a Katrina relief project in New Orleans with them in November. This time it was flood relief in Georgia.
This trip we mostly worked on this house for kids 18-21 or so who are having a really rough time and need a safe place to be while they get on their feet. I was a great cause in my opinion.
And i was the only (at least outted) gay there so... no romances. oh well =/
It is one of the best programs ever. It is not only educational, but you grow as a person on so many levels. I am always making dozens of close, fantastic relationships on these trips. I plan on going on one more before I apply to be an intern and eventually a Team Advisor with the NSLC. I urge all teens reading this, in the US and out, to go. If you are interested e-mail me and I will nominate you for admission.

Suicide has struck again… another friends-friends friend, but it still impacts me based on my past… please no one else kill yourself!! Please! We (I) can’t handle it.

& to any of my readers being disrespectful in “In Which I vent about everything”: Fuck You. Stop reading her blog. Stop reading my blog. I don’t want anything to do with you. She is amazing and you don’t know what she goes through. If you can’t be nice, go away. Blogs are meant to vent and express yourself and we have to support each other. I like to think its other people and not my readers who are saying these things, cuz some of it is pretty fucked up, so… yeah. Sorry. But it pissed me off.

I will have more for you on Atlanta tomorrow.
Goodnight
~Anton

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had fun buddy! I love the feeling you get when you help somebody, there's nothing like it in the world. I hope your buddy in his blog can get past all the assholes that inhabit our planet. I don't understand why people feel the need to down on somebody else just because they themselves have no self-esteem. It's bullshit. Anyway, glad to see you back, and can't wait to read part 2!!!

    ~SilverShell~

    PS, where's a pic of the new hair, I wanna see the three hour hairdo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really happy to hear the trip was so good and rewarding looking forward to hearing more about it. So sorry that you've been touched by another suicide that really sucks!

    Why some people feel the need to trash other people I don't know, I have a simple philosophy which is I won't say anything in a comment that I wouldn't say to you if we met in the street. What really pisses me off with these people is the way most of them post anonymously proving that they're just pathetic little cowards. There that's my mini rant over

    Good to hear from you again
    Love
    Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh anton, I love you SO MUCH! thanks :)
    I really miss you but I get my phone back sunday (YAY!!!) and I'm so happy your trip is going well. There should be more gay boys though! haha
    I love you!
    ittyK

    ReplyDelete