Monday, September 20, 2010

Relentless

...that's the one word I can give life at the moment. One thing after another keeps turning up. School, homework, friends, clubs... all sorts of stuff. And I need a job but I really don't have time.

I am working on changing my eating habits. I am eating less meat, like 75% of what I usually eat. I used to be a vegetarian, and I may go back to it. I can not support that cruel industry in good conscience though, it is disgusting what we can do to other living creatures. And I am also trying to eat less. i have gained 5 pounds since school started and I am not going to let the freshman 15 conquer me!

Daniel (from QSA) came over Saturday for a Mud Hut. It was just me, him, one of his friends who left before we fell asleep and Stephanie. We drank a bit, not too much though, i promise, and then the two of us fooled around a bit. Not too much though cuz we were both tired. :P I credit anything that happened to the alcohol because I feel like he doesn't like me as much normally, but I don't know, I get mixed signals. He did buy my lunch the next day when we went shopping. :)

Oh, here is a pic of Sam, me (in the middle) and Jordan after the 80s party. haha, Jordan is so hot! And absolutely perfect, and my 2nd favorite person in the world, but we are just friends :P


I am on the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series and they get better and better all the time. I LOVE them!

Hmmm... some people really need to figure out when they have overstayed their welcome in my life. I don't want them there anymore, but they keep making appearances. Its so annoying, but I also don't want to say anything directly because that is tactless.

I'll keep you posted!
~Anton <3

4 comments:

  1. Grief yes, it certainly can be difficult to 'ditch' people who are just hanging on.

    I reckon that concentrating on a friend or two we DO want will eventually work with most people. It doesn't mean not being polite- just, well, obviously just more involved with others.

    I'm sure you'll cope.

    Oh and he must like you rather more than a little if there was shopping and lunch and stuff the next day. He may not want much in any physical stuff (yet?) - it takes two, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Anton

    I remember this phase of university life - and, yes, it can be quite draining. I think you will find that, as the weeks go by, the flow of new stuff will start to tail off, and life will settle into more of a routine - but it will probably still be quite hectic.

    You may also find that you need to be more ruthless about managing your time. It's your most valuable possession: you will never have any more of it. You need to take care that it's devoted to the things that you most need and want to do.

    The signals from Daniel sound quite positive to me: if he wants to spend that much time with you, let alone buy you lunch, I think that's got to be good. It may be that he's inexperienced, or unsure where things are going; it might be a good idea to talk to him about this.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. GSA (or QSA) is a well fine organization. It's good you are a part of it. Sure has done a lot to smooth out the rough spots for gay kids in schools all over the place.

    The picture is cool, but we didn't look like that in the 80's, that's more 70's! At least as I remember it, but that time can be kinda fuzzy thanks to the party scene at my uni. Maybe we did look like that, certainly a lot of the bands we loved did!

    No time to work? Find a job at the school that gives you time to study in between working, like at the library...and Mark is right, time management. Good thing to do.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, well us and 2 other friends we went with were kinda going for a hair metal band thing, so I guess it worked out. I am really needing to focus on time management, but I think it will all work out :)

    ReplyDelete